Hot Turkey Pecan Salad
As a way to use leftovers from the holidays, I substituted turkey for chicken in this traditional hot salad. My family always says this country-style dish reminds them of home.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, olives, pecans and
- onion. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt; pour over
- turkey mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with potato
- chips and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or
- until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 773 calories, 69 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,203 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon