Hot Turkey Bunwiches Recipe
Put leftover turkey and hard-boiled Easter eggs to tasty use in these warm and buttery sandwiches. “Everyone in our family looks forward to these bunwiches,” notes Patty Costantino of Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread butter over cut sides of each bun. Spread about 2/3 cup turkey salad over each bun bottom; replace tops. Wrap individually in foil.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 645 calories, 41 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC