- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread butter over cut sides of each bun. Spread about 2/3 cup turkey salad over each bun bottom; replace tops. Wrap individually in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Bunwiches in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p55
Reviews for Hot Turkey Bunwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2008
"i tried these once and fell in love, i make them pretty often now. i do have to set aside a small amount to leave onions out of for my 6yr old step son, but we all love them!i use red onion. yum!"