Hot Turkey Bunwiches Recipe
Put leftover turkey and hard-boiled Easter eggs to tasty use in these warm and buttery sandwiches. “Everyone in our family looks forward to these bunwiches,” notes Patty Costantino of Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread butter over cut sides of each bun. Spread about 2/3 cup turkey salad over each bun bottom; replace tops. Wrap individually in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Bunwiches in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p55
Reviews for Hot Turkey Bunwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2008
i tried these once and fell in love, i make them pretty often now. i do have to set aside a small amount to leave onions out of for my 6yr old step son, but we all love them!
i use red onion. yum!