- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread butter over cut sides of each bun. Spread about 2/3 cup turkey salad over each bun bottom; replace tops. Wrap individually in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Bunwiches
Sort By :
"I found the onion a bit too strong but otherwise a good sandwich. One change I made is to hollow out the sandwich rolls a bit. Otherwise the filling falls out every time you take a bite. To make them even quicker, microwave them instead of bake in the oven."
"i tried these once and fell in love, i make them pretty often now. i do have to set aside a small amount to leave onions out of for my 6yr old step son, but we all love them!i use red onion. yum!"