Hot Tuna Sandwiches
This hearty sandwich from field editor Lucile Proctor of Panguitch, Utah is great eaten warmed or cold.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, sweet pickle, ripe olives and onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- Combine tuna, cheese, eggs, green pepper, pickle, olives, onion and
- Miracle Whip; spread about 1/3 cup onto each bun. Wrap each sandwich
- in waxed paper; microwave on high for 30 seconds (per sandwich) or
- until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.