Hot Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
This hearty sandwich from field editor Lucile Proctor of Panguitch, Utah is great eaten warmed or cold.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, sweet pickle, ripe olives and onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- 1. Combine tuna, cheese, eggs, green pepper, pickle, olives, onion and Miracle Whip; spread about 1/3 cup onto each bun. Wrap each sandwich in waxed paper; microwave on high for 30 seconds (per sandwich) or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC