This hearty sandwich from field editor Lucile Proctor of Panguitch, Utah is great eaten warmed or cold.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, sweet pickle, ripe olives and onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- Combine tuna, cheese, eggs, green pepper, pickle, olives, onion and Miracle Whip; spread about 1/3 cup onto each bun. Wrap each sandwich in waxed paper; microwave on high for 30 seconds (per sandwich) or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Tuna Sandwiches in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review