Hot Tuna Heroes
Make tuna salad special with this great sub sandwich from Carole Lanthier of Courtice, Ontario. Peas and celery give it crunch and color while Swiss cheese adds rich flavor. To save time, consider mixing the tuna filling ahead of time so you can just assemble, heat and enjoy!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pouches (7.06 ounces each) light water-packed tuna
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Brush butter over
- cut sides of buns. Spoon tuna mixture onto bun bottoms; replace
- Place each sandwich on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in.
- square). Fold foil around sandwich and seal tightly. Bake at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.