Hot Tuna Buns Recipe
You can mix the ingredients for these comforting sandwiches ahead of time and then bake them later. They're perfect for lunch or a snack.
- 1 block (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread about 1/3 cup on bottoms of buns; replace tops. Wrap in foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 712 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC