- 1 block (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread about 1/3 cup on bottoms of buns; replace tops. Wrap in foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Tuna Buns in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p107
Reviews for Hot Tuna Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2014
"This is a good, hot sandwich on a cold day in Michigan!"