Hot Tortellini Salad Recipe
Once you've cooked the tortellini, the rest of this salad is a breeze to finish in the microwave. Sour cream provides the mild coating over this memorable medley of pasta, ham and broccoli shared Catherine Allan of Twin Falls, Idaho.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 to 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the broccoli, onions and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook 2 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender.
- Drain tortellini; add to broccoli mixture. Stir in the ham, sour cream and basil. Cover and microwave on high for 30-90 seconds or until heated through. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Tortellini Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p49
Reviews for Hot Tortellini Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2010
First time i made it my husband loved it. He hates sour cream but you hardly tell its sour cream. We make this anytime we're having a big get together! Great meal!