I've been making these open-faced sandwiches for years, and people always ask for the recipe. I sometimes serve the filling on slices of sourdough or tucked into pitas. —Edith Tabor of Vancouver, Washington
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Italian bread (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 6 slices tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, celery and cheese. Spread butter on each slice of bread; top each with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Top with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Swiss Chicken Sandwiches in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p29
Reviews for Hot Swiss Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review