This warm, cheesy spread is absolutely scrumptious served on the toasted pita wedges. And its colorful appearance makes it perfect for the upcoming holidays. —Teresa Emanuel, Smithville, Missouri
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 6 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Combine the butter, lemon-pepper, cumin and garlic salt; brush over pita wedges.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until crisp. Serve with spinach spread. Yield: 16 servings (4 cups spread).
Originally published as Hot Spinach Spread with Pita Chips in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p61
Reviews for Hot Spinach Spread with Pita Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review