Hot Spinach Dip
For a different take on traditional spinach dip, Janie Obermier of St. Joseph, Missouri warms this rich mixture in the microwave. It's terrific with crackers, tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan
- cheese until blended. Stir in spinach and mozzarella cheese. Spoon
- into an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly,
- stirring twice. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 238 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.