Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
"This tasty appetizer is similar to the version served in restaurants, but it has a fresh homemake flavor that keeps everyone dipping," remarks Cathy Carroll from Grayson, Louisiana. "It's a cheesy scrumptious snack that always results in recipe requests."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers
- In a skillet, saute artichokes and onion in butter until onion is
- tender. Stir in spinach and Parmesan cheese; cook over low heat
- until spinach is heated through. Add Colby/Monterey Jack cheese,
- milk and Creole seasoning; heat until cheese is melted. Serve
- immediately with vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 89 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon