Hot Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 9 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 unpeeled large red apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In same skillet, combine vinegar, brown sugar and reserved drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine spinach, apples, onion and bacon. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving: 117 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Hot Spinach Apple Salad
"Love it! Great flavor."
"I used turkey bacon, which doesn't have a lot of "drippings" because it's lower in fat, so I added a little olive oil to the skillet to make up for it in the dressing. I also used less cider vinegar because I like my dressing more sweet than tangy. Yum!"