Hot Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 9 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 large red apples, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the vinegar, brown sugar and reserved drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apples, onion and bacon. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 127 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Hot Spinach Apple Salad
"Love it! Great flavor."
"I used turkey bacon, which doesn't have a lot of "drippings" because it's lower in fat, so I added a little olive oil to the skillet to make up for it in the dressing. I also used less cider vinegar because I like my dressing more sweet than tangy. Yum!"