Hot Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 9 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 large red apples, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the vinegar, brown sugar and reserved drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apples, onion and bacon. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 127 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Hot Spinach Apple Salad
"Love it! Great flavor."
"I used turkey bacon, which doesn't have a lot of "drippings" because it's lower in fat, so I added a little olive oil to the skillet to make up for it in the dressing. I also used less cider vinegar because I like my dressing more sweet than tangy. Yum!"