Hot Spicy Wings
These appetizers are hearty for a party—with just the right amount of “heat.” But my family enjoys them so much that I often serve these wings as our main course!
25 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 7 to 8 pounds fresh or frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the chicken wings in two greased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a large bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Pour over wings.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Spoon sauce from pans over wings if desired. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 415 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer