Hot Spicy Wings Recipe
- 7 to 8 pounds fresh or frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place the chicken wings in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over wings.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Spoon sauce from pans over wings if desired.
- 3. Freeze option: Cover and freeze cooled wings in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Reheat wings in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 325° oven until heated through, covering if necessary to prevent excess browning. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 415 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer