Hot Spiced Wine Recipe
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) dry red wine
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients. Add spice bag. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 232 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Hot Spiced Wine
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.