Hot Spiced Tea
This tea we serve is delightful. Everyone enjoys its spicy cranberry flavor and wonderful aroma!—Linda Ault, Newberry, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 to 12 whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 12 cups water
- 12 individual tea bags
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a
- Place water and spice bag in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add tea bags; cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and spice bag. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add juices; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.