My favorite punches, hot or cold, are the ones made with pineapple juice. Its flavor definitely comes through. This punch is especially good when the weather is cold, and you need something to warm you up.
- 12 cinnamon sticks, broken (3 inches)
- 4 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- Peel of 1 lemon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 9 cups white grape juice
- 1 can (46 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice and lemon peel in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag.
- In a large kettle, combine the grape juice, pineapple juice, lemonade concentrate and sugar; add the spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until punch reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag. Serve hot with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Punch in Country December/January 2002, p51
Reviews for Hot Spiced Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review