Hot Spiced Lemon Drink
"I received this recipe from a lady in our church who is an excellent cook," relates Mandy Wright of Springville, Utah. "She has shared several slow cooker recipes with us. We really enjoy the sweet-and-tangy flavor of this warm citrus punch."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, sugar and juices. Place
- cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth;
- bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag.
- Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until
- heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 149 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.