I received this recipe from a lady in our church who is an excellent cook. She has shared several slow cooker recipes with us. We really enjoy the sweet-and-tangy flavor of this warm citrus punch. —Mandy Wright, Springville, Utah
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, sugar and juices. Place cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Lemon Drink in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p16
Reviews for Hot Spiced Lemon Drink
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2015
"great change from hot apple cider. good for colds when you want something warm and lemony flavored"
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2015
"A nice change from the traditional hot apple cider! Great flavor, will make this recipe again."