Hot Spiced Green Tea Recipe
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir honey into tea. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 33 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Hot Spiced Green Tea
"Even the non-tea-drinkers in my family loved this warm, delicious beverage"
"A great way to drink green tea! I made it for a friend recently and she thought it was yummy!"