Hot Spiced Green Tea Recipe
With ginger, lemon and honey, this balanced tea is ideal for any time of day or occasion. The aromatic drink from our Test Kitchen smells as wonderful as it tastes.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir honey into tea. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 33 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Hot Spiced Green Tea
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC