Hot Spiced Cranberry Punch
—Geraldine Evans, Hermosa, South Dakota
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups cranberry juice
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, water
- and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat. Place cloves on a
- double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie
- with string to form a bag. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and spice bag to
- the pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Discard spice bag. Stir in the orange and lemon juices. Transfer to a
- 5-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.