Hot Spiced Cranberry Drink
"I serve this rosy spiced beverage at parties and family gatherings during the winter," relates Laura Burgess, Ballwin, Missouri. "Friends like the tangy twist it gets from Red-Hots. It's a nice change from the usual hot chocolate."
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 8 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 12 whole cloves, optional
- 1/2 cup Red Hot candies
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine water, sugar and juices; stir until
- sugar is dissolved. If desired, place cloves in a double thickness
- of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to
- form a bag. Add spice bag and Red Hots to slow cooker. Cover and
- cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Before serving,
- discard spice bag and stir punch. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.