Hot Spiced Cider Recipe
- 1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended (do not boil). Discard spice bag. Yield: 4-1/2 quarts.
1 cup: 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Hot Spiced Cider
"Best mulled cider ever. No need to change anything."
"with fall upon us tis is seriously awesome - the addition of the maple syrup is so goo."
"everyone ranted and raved about this been making every holiday ever since"
"This recipe was okay and very easy to make, I just personally didn't care for the blend of flavors. To me, it was a little too citrusy. Not bad, just not my taste."
"So delicious. Would make again."