- 1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended (do not boil). Discard spice bag. Yield: 4-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Hot Spiced Cider
"Best mulled cider ever. No need to change anything."
"with fall upon us tis is seriously awesome - the addition of the maple syrup is so goo."
"everyone ranted and raved about this been making every holiday ever since"
"This recipe was okay and very easy to make, I just personally didn't care for the blend of flavors. To me, it was a little too citrusy. Not bad, just not my taste."
"So delicious. Would make again."