Next time you're entertaining, stir up a batch of this nicely spiced apple cider. The wonderful aroma will make your guests feel welcome on a chilly day. —Kim Wallace, Dennison, Ohio
- 1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended (do not boil). Discard spice bag. Yield: 4-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Cider in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p9
Reviews for Hot Spiced Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review