Hot Spiced Beverage
The tea lover on your Christmas list will delight in this sweet citrus beverage Ozela Haynes of Emerson, Arkansas shares. You can present the dry mix in a decorative bag with instructions for making the tea...or place all the ingredients (plus directions) in a pretty basket.—Ozela Haynes, Emerson, Arkansas
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups water
- Combine the first three ingredients; divide into six batches (about
- 1/2 cup each). Store in airtight containers.
- To prepare beverage: Pour pineapple juice and water into the water
- reserve of a coffeemaker; place one batch of spice mix in
- filter-lined basket of coffeemaker. Brew as you would coffee. Keep
- warm until serving. Yield: 6 batches (about 3 cups total), 1-1/2
- quarts per batch.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.