The tea lover on your Christmas list will delight in this sweet citrus beverage Ozela Haynes of Emerson, Arkansas shares. You can present the dry mix in a decorative bag with instructions for making the tea...or place all the ingredients (plus directions) in a pretty basket.—Ozela Haynes, Emerson, Arkansas
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 3 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 3 cups water
- Combine the first three ingredients; divide into six batches (about 1/2 cup each). Store in airtight containers.
- To prepare beverage: Pour pineapple juice and water into the water reserve of a coffeemaker; place one batch of spice mix in filter-lined basket of coffeemaker. Brew as you would coffee. Keep warm until serving. Yield: 6 batches (about 3 cups total), 1-1/2 quarts per batch.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Beverage in Country Woman September/October 1998, p48
Reviews for Hot Spiced Beverage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
"This recipe is great for Christmas Parties and Breakfasts!!!"