- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash salt
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, peaches, apricots, pears and cherries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; pour over fruit. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Discard cloves. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Compote in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p13
Reviews for Hot Spice Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2015
"I enjoyed the hint of spices in this fruit side dish. My husband enjoyed it too."
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2012
"This recipe is also great for breakfast/brunch on a cold winter day when fresh fruit is not in season!"