Hot Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, celery and peppers in peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, bean sprouts, garlic and ginger; stir fry 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, sesame oil and salt; add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Stir in romaine. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 217 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Hot Shrimp Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.