Hot Seafood Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) unsliced bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until blended. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside. Fill bread shell with seafood mixture.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover top edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and spread is heated through. Serve with vegetables and bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 168 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Seafood Spread
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.