Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
These sandwiches always make a big hit. The cooking in our area of western Pennsylvania represents a "melting pot" of Italian, Polish and Pennsylvania Dutch (German), so there's a variety of good foods to choose from.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (5 pounds)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 to 3 teaspoons crushed dried red pepper
- Bread or rolls of your choice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. Add remaining ingredients except rolls; cover and simmer until the roast is tender, about 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Add additional water, if necessary, to keep roast simmering in broth.
- 2. Remove meat from broth and reserve broth. Let the meat stand 20 minutes. Trim any fat and thinly slice meat. When ready to serve, reheat sliced beef in broth. Serve on rolls. Yield: about 20 sandwiches.
1 each: 129 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC