Hot Quick Banana Boats Recipe
These delicious, warm bananas are great on camp-outs or in the backyard. You can eat them right out of the foil bowl. Cleanup is easy, too. —Sheila Parker, Reno, Nevada
- 4 large unpeeled bananas
- 8 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons trail mix
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- 2. Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with chocolate chips, trail mix and marshmallows.
- 3. Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC