Hot Quick Banana Boats
These delicious, warm bananas are great on camp-outs or in the backyard. You can eat them right out of the foil bowl. Cleanup is easy, too. —Sheila Parker, Reno, Nevada
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large unpeeled bananas
- 8 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons trail mix
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil
- around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut
- at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket.
- Fill pockets with chocolate chips, trail mix and marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until
- marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.