Hot Quick Banana Boats Recipe
- 4 large unpeeled bananas
- 8 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons trail mix
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with chocolate chips, trail mix and marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Quick Banana Boats(7)
Sort By :
We have not tried these with trail mix before so will have to try that. We do use a mix of chocolate chips and either peanut butter or butterscotch. They are even better than with just the plain chocolate chips.
even better drizzled with caramel ice cream topping!!
These are great to do on the grill. I have another tip for all those bananas that seem to ripen overnight. Toss them in the freezer peel and all. They look terrible and are black but it doesn't hurt them a bit. When ready to use take out as many as needed, toss them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds, depends on wattage of microwave and then proceed to use them in your recipe. No waste, no fuss and convenient.
We used to make these all the time when I was younger and camped a lot with Scouts. It was a "must have" on every camping trip! Easy and fun. Now I make them at home in the oven.
We've been making these while camping for years now, and they're always a big hit.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Bananas >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >