- 4 large unpeeled bananas
- 8 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons trail mix
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with chocolate chips, trail mix and marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Quick Banana Boats
"I made these for us the other night, without the trail mix, with dark chocolate syrup drizzle after cooking, & they were awesome !I cut each banana in half, in the skin, opened it up, then filled it.I won't use very ripe bananas for these, & I think I'll cut them into bite-sized pieces before filling & cooking from now on.I topped them off with 3 cherries each. So good !I'm going to try other fillings like jams, preserves, Nutella, Almond Butter, peanut butter in place of / with the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, ice cream toppings, & definitely more mini marshmallows in the future.I may also add crushed pineapple, chopped mandarin oranges, chopped fruits or applesauce.I can think of a lot of different variations for this recipe.They're easy, fast & fun to make, & we plan on making them a 'tradition.'"
"we have this all the time when we camp my buddie takes out the banana and cut it up and and the banana, choc chips and pineapple wrap it up and put on the fire it is so goood"
"We have not tried these with trail mix before so will have to try that. We do use a mix of chocolate chips and either peanut butter or butterscotch. They are even better than with just the plain chocolate chips."
"even better drizzled with caramel ice cream topping!!"
"These are great to do on the grill. I have another tip for all those bananas that seem to ripen overnight. Toss them in the freezer peel and all. They look terrible and are black but it doesn't hurt them a bit. When ready to use take out as many as needed, toss them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds, depends on wattage of microwave and then proceed to use them in your recipe. No waste, no fuss and convenient."