Hot Potato Salad for 100 Recipe
When I was in the service, I decided to learn all I could about cooking from the cooks in the galley. It was quite an adventure. I still use those skills today, particulary when cooking for a large group.—Jene Cain, Northridge, California
- 7 pounds bacon, chopped
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 cups white vinegar
- 14 cups water
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 14 cups chopped onions (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 6 cups chopped dill pickles
- 7 gallons hot cooked sliced peeled potatoes (about 45 pounds)
- 1. In several large skillets, fry bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Add flour to drippings; cook and stir until bubbly.
- 2. In a large kettle, combine the vinegar, water and sugar; bring to a boil. Gradually whisk in flour mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the salt, pepper, onion and pickles.
- 3. Place hot potatoes in serving pans. Divide sauce among pans and stir to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 100 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 408 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 1483mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Hot Potato Salad for 100
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2008
"TO LARGE FOR TWO PEOPLE"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC