Hot Potato Dippers
These crunchy oven fries are always a hit with Ray Luoma’s family in Mansfield, Ohio. For a little variety, he sometimes substitutes Parmesan cheese and Italian herb seasoning for the chili powder and garlic salt.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 8 medium unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. In a large resealable plastic bag,
- combine the cornflakes, chili powder and garlic salt. Dip potato
- wedges into eggs, then place in bag, a few at a time, and shake to
- Place potatoes in a single layer in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400°
- for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crisp
- outside and tender inside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Serve with potatoes
- for dipping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 361 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.