These crunchy oven fries are always a hit with Ray Luoma’s family in Mansfield, Ohio. For a little variety, he sometimes substitutes Parmesan cheese and Italian herb seasoning for the chili powder and garlic salt.
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 8 medium unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornflakes, chili powder and garlic salt. Dip potato wedges into eggs, then place in bag, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crisp outside and tender inside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Serve with potatoes for dipping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Potato Dippers in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p50
Reviews for Hot Potato Dippers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review