Hot Pizza Subs Recipe
In Crystal, North Dakota, Anna Whelan stacks this warm sub so high with yummy ingredients, you'll have to open wide to take a bite! Slices are hearty with ham, gooey with melted cheese and spicy with salami and pepperoni.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 slices fully cooked ham
- 10 slices salami
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 4 slices each cheddar, mozzarella and American cheese
- 1. Slice bread in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with pizza sauce; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with green pepper, ham, salami, pepperoni and cheese; replace bread top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 765 calories, 38 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 2,224 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC