Hot Pizza Subs Recipe
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 slices fully cooked ham
- 10 slices salami
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 4 slices each cheddar, mozzarella and American cheese
- Slice bread in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with pizza sauce; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with green pepper, ham, salami, pepperoni and cheese; replace bread top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hot Pizza Subs(6)
Sort By :
Have made this a few times already and it is awesome even when I add a couple of things to it. It is extremely fast and easy so perfect for the days I get off from work late and want something that isn't going to take an hour to prep and cook.
I drawback...The loaf should be loosly covered with tinfoil otherwise the bread dries out. Other than that, it was a big hit with my boys.
Great sub! Husband loves it too.
This sounds wonderful, however, the sodium content is off the map! Will try it with low fat & sodium ingredients!