Hot Pizza Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Breadsticks or tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread in an ungreased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate.
- 2. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; sprinkle half over the cream cheese. Top with the pizza sauce, remaining cheese mixture, green pepper and onion.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is almost melted, rotating a half turn several times. Let stand for 1-2 minutes. Serve with breadsticks or tortilla chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 62 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Hot Pizza Dip
"i could eat the whole thing myself"
"I've been making this for years. It's in one of the Pampered Chef recipe books, I always serve with french loaf bread made in the Pampered Chef tins... very good"
"My big guys loved this"
"I made this for my friends. Huge hit! Served with breadsticks but they kept breaking. Luckily had scoops in the house. This is a keeper"
"I have made this dozens of times, topping it with all sorts of different things, the simplest being just a sprinkle or grind of Italian seasoning. I usually make 2 of these dips when I take it to a gathering. Always goes over well!"
"I have made this many times. Whenever I make this dip, it is a huge hit! I changed the italian seasoning to Presti's Pizza seasoning.I have made a Cheese Pizza dip, and many more variations of typical restaurant pizzas and no matter what kind it is, it always is gone in a flash! It's quick, easy and I have made it the night before many times with great success, just microwave right before serving!"
"I omit green pepper and onion because my kids don't like them and this still tastes great. It goes great with breadstick from a pizza place."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.