Hot Pizza Dip
In South Otselic, New York, Stacie Morse can assemble this effortless appetizer in a jiffy. "This pizza-flavored dip goes very fast, so you may want to make two," she suggests.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Breadsticks or tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread in an
- ungreased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate.
- Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; sprinkle half over the cream
- cheese. Top with the pizza sauce, remaining cheese mixture, green
- pepper and onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is
- almost melted, rotating a half turn several times. Let stand for 1-2
- minutes. Serve with breadsticks or tortilla chips. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.