Hot Pink Punch
With its rosy color, this beverage is perfect for any holiday gathering. Each delicious sip is sure to warm you up. Plus, it has a wonderful aroma that welcomes guests as they come through the door.
Lucile Cline, Wichita, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 11 to 12 cups water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup red-hot candies
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries and 4 cups water. Cook over
- medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Press through a strainer; discard skins. Set cranberry mixture
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, red-hots, cloves, orange
- juice, lemon juice and 4 cups water. Cook and stir until sugar is
- dissolved and red-hots are melted. Stir in cranberry mixture. Add
- enough remaining water to achieve desired concentration; heat
- through. Discard cloves before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.