- 10 banana peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and egg until blended. Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, onion and pepperoni. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans and drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Pepper Pleasers
Sort By :
"This is great! Made them on the grill, low and slow. Kept warm this way The go fast. I freeze peppers all the time. They are best used in recipes where they will be cooked somehow later. This one went into the personnel cookbook."
"[quote user="buffalonana"] If this isn't possible, how can a freeze them for use at a much later date?[/quote]I think you could halve and seed them, freeze them individually (like on a cookie sheet) and then take them out, fill them frozen and bake them. I don't think I'd freeze them filled, the cheese might not play nice with the freezer."
"I'd love to make this recipe for a party at the end of this month. The hot peppers are "ready" NOW. How can I keep them fresh until I want to use them? If this isn't possible, how can a freeze them for use at a much later date?"
"Wonderful!!! Did not have pepperoni (thanks hubby), did not have onion, but had all other ingredients and they were wonderful!!! Absolutely will make again - maybe with all the ingredients next time."
"I have made this a few times already, and will make it again. If you like it HOT, leave the seeds in! this is soooo good!"