- 10 banana peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and egg until blended. Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, onion and pepperoni. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans and drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Pepper Pleasers
Sort By :
This is great! Made them on the grill, low and slow. Kept warm this way The go fast. I freeze peppers all the time. They are best used in recipes where they will be cooked somehow later. This one went into the personnel cookbook.
buffalonanaIf this isn't possible, how can a freeze them for use at a much later date?
I think you could halve and seed them, freeze them individually (like on a cookie sheet) and then take them out, fill them frozen and bake them. I don't think I'd freeze them filled, the cheese might not play nice with the freezer.
I'd love to make this recipe for a party at the end of this month. The hot peppers are "ready" NOW. How can I keep them fresh until I want to use them? If this isn't possible, how can a freeze them for use at a much later date?
Wonderful!!! Did not have pepperoni (thanks hubby), did not have onion, but had all other ingredients and they were wonderful!!! Absolutely will make again - maybe with all the ingredients next time.
I have made this a few times already, and will make it again. If you like it HOT, leave the seeds in! this is soooo good!