Hot Pepper Pleasers
Here's a real crowd-pleaser! The banana peppers pack a subtle punch, and the pepperoni adds spice. Have knives, forks and napkins ready so folks can eat them up neatly. —Darius Kovacina, Acme, Pennsylvania
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 10 banana peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if
- desired. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and egg until blended.
- Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, onion and pepperoni. Spoon into
- Place in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans and drizzle with
- oil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.