Hot Pecan Beef Spread
A friend shared this appetizer with me, and I've made it often over the years. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator and can be reheated or served cold.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Assorted crackers or pita chips
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until toasted; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the
- sour cream, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Stir in the beef,
- onion and green pepper.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted
- pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Serve with crackers or pita chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 115 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.