Hot Pastrami Spread Recipe
I first tasted this at a church party a few years ago. Everyone raves about it and the dish is always scraped clean. You can also serve the savory spread with bite-sized bagel pieces.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced pastrami, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Thinly sliced pumpernickel bread and light rye bread
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in pastrami and green pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated though and edges are bubbly.
- 3. Cut out bread with a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter if desired. Serve with spread. Yield: About 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 41 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC