Hot Parmesan Puffs
These scrumptious puffs come from the oven golden brown and bubbly. I make them often to serve at parties. For a change of pace, I'll use Swiss cheese instead of Parmesan.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 16 slices bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- Using a 2-in. round or diamond cookie cutter, cut shapes from bread
- slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 8-10
- minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese,
- Parmesan cheese, onion and cayenne. Spread on bread. Sprinkle with
- additional Parmesan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or
- until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 257 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot