Hot Mustard Pretzel Dip
It's a snap to stir together this zippy dip from Kim Barrick of Lincoln, Illinois. With its hint of honey, the mixture is great with pretzels...or try it anywhere you'd use a hot-and-spicy sauce.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small saucepan, combine mustard and vinegar; let stand for 30
- minutes. Whisk in the sugar and egg yolk until smooth. Cook over
- medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture just begins to
- simmer and is thickened, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- whisk in honey. Chill. Serve with pretzels. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 141 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.