Hot Mushroom Dip Recipe
"I've whipped up this dip for many potlucks and special gatherings, and it's always well received," says Ellen Derflinger of Jefferson, Maryland. Serve this thick hearty spread with crackers, or let it bring new life to a veggie tray.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Assorted raw vegetables or crackers
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon. Serve warm with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC