Hot Mulled Wine Recipe
For a festive holiday drink or something to keep you warm during those cold winter months, you'll love trying this warming wine.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and rosemary on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, cranberries, sugar, bourbon, orange juice and peel. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hot Mulled Wine in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p81
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hot Mulled Wine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Hot Beverages >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >