- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and rosemary on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, cranberries, sugar, bourbon, orange juice and peel. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now